Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Houses in Dittisham July 2005

Dittisham

in the county of Devon

Titsey Place

Oxted

in the county of Surrey

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

New Article - Did Richard III Kill The Princes in the Tower? by Cheri Thomas

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 12:36 on 21st September 2009
Thought this was an interesting thread to bring back, hope you don't mind Cheri.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Cheri Thomas
Cheri Thomas
quotePosted at 15:10 on 21st September 2009

No problem Ron.  I'm always ready for a good discussion.

Now I'm the one changing the subject.  Has anyone heard from Sue?  She should be there by now.  She's got a lot going on right now.

Michael Stone
Michael Stone
quotePosted at 08:44 on 22nd July 2011

Cheri. Sorry to nitpick but do you have a cite for Buckingham having been given custody of the Princes during Richard's absence?

I had always understood that the Constable of the Tower was Sir Robert Brackenbury, a strong supporter of Richard, who would eventually die wih him at Bosworth. Buckingham was Constable of England, but that didn't mean he could just walk into the Tower and help himself to two important prisoners. He may have been involved, but he would have had to convince Brackenbury that he was acting on Richard's authority.

Edited by: Michael Stone at:22nd July 2011 08:45
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:53 on 22nd July 2011
Interesting 'nitpick' Michael but why not introduce yourself in 'User Introductions'....tell us a little bit about yourself?
Cheri Thomas
Cheri Thomas
quotePosted at 14:37 on 22nd July 2011

Don't think your thoughts are under the category of "nitpick".  You've pointed out something that perhaps I've overlooked. 

No, I do not have a cite.  As I pointed out when I wrote the article, my thoughts and ideas are based on "From what I've read, my opinion is"

I'm not a professional writer.  Chris asked me to write an article and I did.  When expressing thought about things that happened so long ago, none of us know for sure so it's all based on whatever information we can pull together and in most cases the people that wrote the story or article that we are pulling information from, didn't know "for sure" either.

I'll check out what you said.

Please login to post to this thread...