Pictures of England Pictures of England

Exploring the most Picturesque & Historic parts of England

Over 150,000 photos of England
22,000+ members
Click here to join the community
Corporation ParkSherborne, Dorset.Greylag goose....anser anserSwaledaleThe Church of St. Andrews, Little SnoringQuarry near Cadeby

Image Submission Guidelines

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 16:54 on 11th April 2019

Created this so we can link to it in the email that new members receive. If you think of anything that should be added to it in order to help new members, please let me know.

Image Submission Guidelines

Many thanks,

Chris & Sarah

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Edward LeverPremier Member - Click for more info
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 00:39 on 23rd April 2019

The new guidelines on image submission seem very sensible, and are a welcome improvement on previous advice. The only omission seems to be any mention of the degree of compression which should be applied to the jpgs.

The level of  jpg compression (or 'Quality') can be set in the camera menu, and should normally be set to the highest qualty setting at the chosen pixel size. However, there are usually only two or three preset quality options available for in-camera processing.

More flexibility is at hand if you are using photo software such as Lightroom, which allows for the quality to be set at anywhere between 0 and 100% when exporting from Raw to jpg. My personal preference is to set the quality slider to 100% for images offered for sale.

All of the variations have to fit within the current maximum upload size of 8 MB, but if in doubt, I think minimum compression is more desirable than a huge pixel count. 

Also see my other post on this topic

Edited by: Edward Lever at:23rd April 2019 17:34
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
 Please login to post to this thread...