Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Hugh Town at early evening.

Hugh Town

in the county of Isles of Scilly

Sulgrave - home of George Washington's ancesters

Sulgrave

in the county of Northamptonshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

PHOTO ACCEPTANCE.

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
Posted at 09:32 on 9th March 2018
On 7th March 2018 22:50, DAVID DALE wrote:
Your photos should be on site by Saturday 10th March at the latest. I have had some not passed for more than a week and when I questioned it I got an unwelcome reply seperately.Because of that I am inclined not to post any more until I get an explanation and apology Photos I,m told by them that are taken from within a car are not acceptable, yet I have seen some that have been passed. They seem to reject photos that would be perfectly acceptable on  Flickr It appears to me that they are rejecting photos that they do not like regardless of the quality.

Hi David, we're really shocked and quite upset to to hear that you have been in some way offended by us and that you have been waiting for an apology. We wish you would have said about this at the time as your forum post is the first time we have been made aware of this. Please let us know in an email what it is we have said, so that we can make sure it doesnt happen again and send you a proper apology.

Regarding photos being rejected, this is always a difficult task for us, and one we absolutely hate doing. If I had my way I would accept them all! but from experience we have found that this policy does not work well with a site such as PoE, as people expect a certain degree of quality control, and that doesn't just mean the quality of the actual photos themselves, but subject matter, photo type, size, quantity, and so on, so we try to adhere to certain rules ourselves, and these rules are 100% none biased and are subject to change. For instance, the shots from inside a car may have once been allowed (which is why you may come across some from time to time) though they are no longer deemed acceptable, or at least 99% of them aren't. There may be exceptions however, if a shot is particularly artistic, would offer interest to our members, and so on. Like I said, it is always a difficult task, and in no way do we just reject a photo because we ourselves dislike it, because that is very very rarely the case.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
poe
Posted at 09:45 on 9th March 2018
On 7th March 2018 17:38, Bob Emmott wrote:

Can anybody please tell me how long it normally takes to get photos accepted? I posted 5 oday and 5 yesterday but have head nothing in reply. The photos have not appeared on the site.

How do I know if photos have been rejected, and how long does this process take?

I was considering pre,mium membership, but there is no point if my snaps are 'unacceptable'!

Bob

Hi Bob, many thanks for joining and for supporting the site by way of Premier membership,  it is hugely appreciated, thank you. 

There is no set time on photo approval, but we do try our best to approve the same day, however, as you have discovered recently, sometimes this is not the case. We do apologise for the delay.

Many thanks,

Chris & Sarah 

Bob EmmottPremier Member - Click for more info
Bob Emmott
Posted at 18:31 on 9th March 2018

Hi Chris & Sarah,

Thank You very much for your reply. I understand that your workload must vary a lot, and will sometimes be very onerous!

I look forward to contributing more photos to the site in due course :)

Kind regards,

Bob

TedPremier Member - Click for more info
Ted
Posted at 09:45 on 14th March 2018
On 7th March 2018 22:50, DAVID DALE wrote:
They seem to reject photos that would be perfectly acceptable on Flickr 

Sorry, but you can't compare PoE with Flickr.

For me it's never been an issue if a picture was rejected or if it took some time to be approved. That's how PoE works. I'm glad that there is some quality control. 

Chris & Sarah are doing a great job and I am sure they will never offend anybody on purpose. 
David DalePremier Member - Click for more info
David Dale
Posted at 13:00 on 14th March 2018

Reply to your 9th March 2018 post to me..

Asking for reason why some photos of mine taking more than a week to pass and then receiving a returned message stating that you could not accept them as a third party told you not to accept them. Previous photos from the same collection of mine had already been passed and the rejected photos were no different than the accepted ones and on the meritof the first the second should never have been rejected. It states frequently that it is a Chris and Sarah does the accepting or rejecting a photo and their verdict would not be questioned had I not been told that a third party had told the aforenamed to reject them  The mention of a third party person offended me, whether it was a real person or an excuse to reject them when in the first instance they were highly successful.

I hope Ted will now understand why I was offended We in Flickr also accept or reject photos but usually of a photo that is depicting something that is not the required subject for where it was intended, done by an Administrator or a Moderator. Apart from these two persons the photo is not rejected by a third that has been implied here.

poe
Posted at 22:52 on 18th March 2018

Hi David,

No other person currently makes a decision on what photos are approved and which ones are deleted, that is currently just down to Sarah and myself. 

We do have someone else help now and then, but they only usually approve photos from regular members. Sometimes they will leave photos for us to deal with if they are unsure about them or if it's a new user, which was the case with your photos. We ourselves made the decision to delete them, no one else, and we certainly weren't told to do so, that would never happen. Again, apologies if you were offended in any way. Hope that clears it up and is an end to the matter.

All the best, Chris & Sarah

David DalePremier Member - Click for more info
David Dale
Posted at 01:03 on 19th March 2018

Then on this occasion I would suggest that you told me the real reason why you deleted them straight off instead of referring to a third party.for an excuse. My feeling is that you missed approving them for longer than was norm and when you found them or alerted to them over a week later you were embarrased by the situation and introduced a third party as a reason. This tells me that they were initially alright for the site and to be honest you have passed on site other photos that are not as good as those that were rejected of mine to which this refers to,

However I shall have to consider this and if I decide to continue I will post in the usual way. unless some other member puts fat on the fire and intrude on our discussions as has happened in between our posts

poe
Posted at 07:57 on 19th March 2018

David, the length of time it takes us to deal with photos has absolutely no bearing on wether they are approved or deleted. We would never just delete photos or make up stories to save face.

I'm going to lock this thread now, as your complaint has been raised and an apology issued. If you would like to discuss any further issues or concerns, please don't be afraid to email us. Thanks you, and apologies again for offending you.

All the best,

Chris & Sarah