Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

POE with Mobiles

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 17:16 on 6th January 2015
with the current form of the site, using my iPad or phone, all I can ever get is the Home page and login page works. Otherwise, no other pages are accessible unless I search for a page in Google or fill in the URL of the page I want. The drop down menus at the top very rarely work hence the long winded route to access the site which I very rarely do now withe the time it takes to do so. 
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 17:36 on 6th January 2015
Paul I'm having the same problem, often the drop down menues at the top don't work at all my iPad or iPhone. Other times they do, like now I'm on my phone and it's fine, in 10 minutes I might get stuck just like you.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 20:34 on 6th January 2015

Thanks for mentioning this Paul and Ruth as I am sure C&S are not aware of it.

I will pass it to them, just in case you haven't already done so.

rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 20:57 on 6th January 2015
Thanks Ron. It's odd because it's not all the time, sometimes it works just fine, other times it plays up then suddenly starts working. 
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 11:16 on 7th January 2015

Just tried it on my Android phone and Galaxy Tab and the drop down links work fine on both every time. Indeed, on the Tab,  the site margin links either side are there as usual, but neither appear on the ipad, only the middle section. 

So looks like it's an IOS compatibility issue with parts of the site or links that IOS ignores, with both my i Phone 5 and iPad running IOS 8. 

Edited by: Paul Hilton at:7th January 2015 11:27
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 13:02 on 7th January 2015
Thanks Paul
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 13:53 on 7th January 2015

I've tested this using an iPhone 4 running iOS 7, and and iPad 4 running iOS 6 and it's the same as iOS 8, sometimes the drop down menu works, sometimes it doesn't. It always works on my 8 year old MacBook running Snow Leopard on both Firefox and Safari browsers.

I still find it odd that it sometimes works, I could understand it more if it never worked Undecided 

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 14:48 on 7th January 2015

Hi Paul and Ruth,

Sorry to hear you've been experiencing problems with the site, but many thanks for letting us know.

The main left-hand menu should now appear on your tablets in landscape mode, or if it's an iPAD then it should appear in portrait too.  

I intend to replace the top drop-down menus with something more reliable and mobile friendly over the next few days, and also put in place a proper footer menu in the center column.

Thanks again for the feedback it's always greatly appreciated.

Chris & Sar 

rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 15:11 on 7th January 2015

Hi Chris & Sarah

I've got left hand menu back both in landscape and portrait on iPad, thanks. The drop down menu under Latest and Explore are also working - for the moment Smile

Thank you for all your hard work. 

Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 23:01 on 7th January 2015

Thanks for addressing the issues mentioned. My iPad now has the full webpage showing and Menu links on the left all work fine. It's still not happy with the drop down ones which I now don't need to use in any case.

the iPhone has adopted a different strategy of still only the middle section showing but the Latest> drop down menu now works though I rarely use it for Poe.