Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of Belton House

Belton

in the county of Lincolnshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Photographs of English Churches

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 11:40 on 28th July 2019

Church pictures make up a high proportion of submissions to PoE. This is hardly surprising, since the Parish Church is often the oldest and most interesting building in an English village or town. They also pose challenges for the photographer............ how to avoid the dreaded wonky verticals...........how to best capture the often gloomy interiors.........how to do justice to the beauty of the stained glass windows.... etc. In short, a great training ground for improving one's photographic skills and learning about history.

I have just discovered a useful website devoted solely to listing and photographing English Parish Churches. It is not in anyway encroaching on PoE (it is not a picture sharing site or a picture agency) but I think many of us who like churches will find it interesting. The link to the website is here Parish Church Photographic Survey  

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Rod BurkeyPremier Member - Click for more info
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 16:22 on 30th July 2019
They also provide a quiet place to capture beautiful interiors. 
Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 23:20 on 30th July 2019
Even though I am not religious in any formal way, churches often have that quietness which is absent in much of modern life.
 Please login to post to this thread...