Pictures of England Pictures of England

Exploring the most Picturesque & Historic parts of England

Over 150,000 photos of England
22,000+ members
Click here to join the community
Priory GatesSnuff Mill Lane Cottingham AutumnBoston StumpBradgate ParkShetland pony on Dawlish WarrenSouth Petherton

July 2018 - Whats blooming in your garden right now?

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 19:16 on 12th July 2018

Haven't had much time in the garden this year, so it's not looking great, however here is what we have at the moment that is in bloom.

Hydrangea ' Annabelle' - This is a beautiful shrub with large white blooms, but ours got damaged (was only a couple of years old) and I thought it was dead. However 2 stems appeared this year with a flower on each, so I'm hoping over time it will fully recover and throw out more stems and flowers next year. We'll have to wait and see.

Phlox 'Purple Kiss' - Beautifully scented perennial with deep purple flowers. We had one original plant (obtained from freecycle) a few years ago, which has now been divided (last spring) and we now have about 7 plants which are in full bloom right now and smell absolutely gorgeous.

Lavender - We've got two lavender plants. One I think is the normal English lavender and is quite tall with light coloured flowers, the other is a smaller variety with much darker purple flowers, though I'm not sure what type it is. Both are in bloom right now.

Let us know what's in bloom for you right now. Cheers.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Peggy CannellPremier Member - Click for more info
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 19:03 on 13th October 2018
Geraniums are still in full bloom and recently  planted are 36 pansies, also osteopernums still in full colour.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
 Please login to post to this thread...