Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

The River Bure at Coltishall, the current head of navigation. In the background the Rising Sun Pub.

Coltishall

in the county of Norfolk

Kingsbury Church, Kingsbury.

Kingsbury

in the county of Warwickshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

December Dawdling with the Lakeland Meanderer

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 22:01 on 14th December 2013
  Well there was another trip to the Lakes done and dusted, ( now we wait for the Pics ) and thanks for sharing your time with us- it does make for an interesting and sometimes humorous read. Glad to see you are back safe and sound but the big question is WHEN is the return trip?
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 22:29 on 14th December 2013
Thanks Vince, not too sure about photos but that's what I usually say and always surprise myself, but I fear this week may be the one where I prove myself right!! Have already been asked by my mates in the pub when I will be back ... probably want to arrange their holidays to coincideUndecided  Also a couple of friends are up there 2 weeks today, and it would be great just to turn up in the Golden Rule and surprise them, so if I can get someone to look after the cat for one night that is a great thought but would have to be B&B, which should not be too diccifult in that Alan, the guy who used to do the cleaning and maintenance for the previous owners, also runs a guest house in Ambleside so that is on the back burner and may just become an impulse thing. Don't think it would be a problem this time of year to just arrive and find a bed somewhere for the night. Just a very distant thought but very, very tempting. Who knows might even be able to do a deal with the cottage owner for one night..... Now there's a b****y good idea!!! Failing that will probably be April/May for next trip followed by early July, then September/October and with any luck early December. But still got a house to sell so who knows? When I know, you all will...
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 22:50 on 14th December 2013
  Food for thought certainly.
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 23:08 on 14th December 2013
Suddenly becoming VERY interesting looking at some of the B&B prices in Ambleside. Looks like the cottage is booked for that Saturday but the owners did say they were going up for the new year, so maybe a chance to meet them also. It is so easy to spend money isn't it?? Keep watching this space ! ! !
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 12:12 on 15th December 2013
Dave, we stayed at The Fisherbeck B&B, it's on the road about half way between the town centre and Waterhead. I booked it through POE and it was lovely - just a thought Smile
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 12:22 on 15th December 2013
Thanks Ruth, will bear that in mind if I can work things out.
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 21:09 on 16th December 2013
Tried loads of B&B's on line but non taking 1 night bookings!!! May have to ring round on 27th and see if i can persuade someone to go for it....
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 22:15 on 16th December 2013
B&B's can be funny about one night bookings, hotels on the other hand may offer some deals ?
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 22:27 on 16th December 2013
Yeah, there is always the Queens and the White Lion to try
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 16:18 on 17th December 2013
I had a quick look at the Waterhead, rooms starting from £113 per night Surprised