Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Beamish: omnibus

Beamish

in the county of County Durham

Marlborough, Wiltshire

Marlborough

in the county of Wiltshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

A JULY JAUNT WITH THE MEANDERING LAKELANDER

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next >

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 22:22 on 12th July 2013

Well, very nearly there now. Just about packed, cameras, laptop, maps, guidebooks, magazines, cd's all all ready for loading into the car on Saturday morning for an early getaway. Ooops nearly forgot the clothes in the cases!!! Want to be away around 8.30-8.45 if possible to get the cat to her holiday home for around 9. Then 10 minutes to the A63 followed by M62 and M5 to join the A590 and A591 for Ambleside. Stop off on the way in Kendals to get a bit of shopping in at Asda and if all goes to plan should be in Asda well before 12. A bit of shoping and onto Ambleside for somewhere around 1pm. Only food will be put away then socks and boots on, camera and lenses out and hopefully get out for a sort walk for a few hours after which the first visit of the week to Golden Rule should ensue. Earlier on this evening the eldest daughter sent me a text asking when was I going to Ambleside to which I replied 'Tomorrow' she then replied. 'Oh well we're there now do you want to meet for a beer?   Thought to myself well that is a silly question innit?  So the reply went back 'No problem, Golden Rule around tea time.? She is only there for the weekend but we we may get out somewhere on Sunday with them if they are coming back home on Monday. But will have to wait and see what happens. Really shouldn't tempt fate but the forcast for the week is looking somewhat favourable.

My biggest problem after the last 5 or 6 visits will be what to do with 2 good days together..... did I say 2 good days??? the  forecast is showing 6 or 7 good days....some better than others. But the only weather forcast I believe in the Lake District is the one that greets you when you open the curtains!!!!
Time of next broadcast uncertain but hopefully sometime tomorrow evening.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 22:33 on 12th July 2013
  Sounds a plan, Go and have a great time whatever is on the other side of the curtains.  Looking forward to the Jaunt Report- don't forget extra cards.
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 22:38 on 12th July 2013
Got 2 x 8gb and 6 x 4 gb plus a 500gb drive to drop them onto each evening.
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 22:42 on 12th July 2013
  That's all right then, enjoy the rule sir.
MikeT
MikeT
quotePosted at 22:56 on 12th July 2013

Have a great time Dave, look forward to reading your reports throughout the week, and seeing your pics when you get back, take care mate.

You should have good weather this time hopefully

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 10:15 on 13th July 2013

Anna and I were thinking of giving the Golden Rule an opportunity to feed us Dave, maybe make a short break of it somewhere up that way.

Do they know what sort of coverage they get on POE as a result of you visiting them, and forever singing their praises?

You might get a free pint soon eh?

Enjoy your visit as ever Dave

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 10:58 on 13th July 2013
Have a god time Dave        --dont supSmile too much
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 16:30 on 13th July 2013
Have a good one Dave, awaiting your reports Smile
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 23:05 on 13th July 2013
  I expect there will be no report tonight if there has been a good crowd in the Rule.

Edited by: Vince Hawthorn at:13th July 2013 23:08
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 23:35 on 13th July 2013

hic, hic, werse sa dor I feel a litul wurs fur ware! lol

Wonder what Dave drinks in the 'Rule', bet they know him by now and probably make sure he has plenty of water wth it!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next >