Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St, Gregory's Church. Kirknewton, Northumberland.

Kirknewton

in the county of Northumberland

Old part of Sandown.

Sandown

in the county of Isle of Wight

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Postcards from England ( The Birmingham German Christmas Market )

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

victorian67
victorian67
quotePosted at 12:32 on 1st April 2013

As England was welcoming Winter with freezing temperatures and the first snow falls, I decided to revisit a place I always enjoy visiting at that time of the year : The Birmingham German Christmas Market which is the largest of its kind outside Germany, in association with the town of Frankfurt.

Located in the pedestrian area of Birmingham better known as New St and more than a long mile, the German Christmas Market brings a touch of magic in this busy town and is full of the colors, scents and excitement of Christmas.

The Birmingham German Christmas Market runs each year from mid-November to Christmas.

Whether you are looking for handmade Christmas ornaments which you will find in all shapes and forms from glass to wood, my favorite being the wooden painted soldiers from the Nut Cracker Tale, to traditional linen and even fur, something will definitely catch your eyes.

And for those who enjoy food, the Birmingham Christmas Market is a paradise which caters for all tastes from the fresh fruits on a skewter dipped into chocolate, to pancakes, apfel strudel and other German pastries, not to forget the amazing hotdogs filled with a variety of german sausages.

Wherever you are in the Market, freshly cooked food will appeal to your senses and why not indulging in a hot glass of Gluhwein ( Mulled Wine ) "spiced up with Rum" or a pint of refreshing German beer ?

Millions of visitors are expected to visit each year this now traditional Birmingham landmark and the market can get very busy on Saturdays and Sundays but definitely worth a visit for those like me who enjoy the Christmas spirit and its magic or those who are just looking for some inspiration for gifts.

( Birmingham’s Frankfurt Christmas Market has won best market attraction in the 2013 National Association of British Market Authorities awards).

Karim

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
victorian67
victorian67
quotePosted at 13:29 on 1st April 2013

quote | editPosted at 13:33 on 1st April 2013
victorian67
victorian67
quotePosted at 13:37 on 1st April 2013

quote | editPosted at 13:39 on 1st April 2013
victorian67
victorian67
quotePosted at 13:41 on 1st April 2013
victorian67
victorian67
quotePosted at 13:42 on 1st April 2013
victorian67
victorian67
quotePosted at 13:45 on 1st April 2013

Thank you for following this escapade through the many colours, smiles and sensations of the Birmingham German Christmas Market and stay tuned for my next postcard soon...

Karim

Mike Freeman
Mike Freeman
quotePosted at 21:28 on 3rd April 2013
Nice set of pictures   Karim
victorian67
victorian67
quotePosted at 09:28 on 4th April 2013

Thank you very much for your encouraging comment Mike !

Karim