Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Beeston Castle in Tarporley, Cheshire.

Tarporley

in the county of Cheshire

A snowy Broadstairs Harbour, Kent

Broadstairs

a Seaside Town in the county of Kent

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Most scenic place?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 Next >

Debbie Barnes
Debbie Barnes
quotePosted at 19:56 on 27th October 2010

Hello All,

I have been to quite lucky to have visited quite a few seaside and countryside locations,but of all the places i have visited i have to say that Betws-y-Coed,in North Wales,is absolutely beautiful.The surrounding woodlands,flowing rivers and mountains are just breathtaking and so i wondered what everyone esle's favourite place was?...

Debbie.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 20:03 on 27th October 2010
one of my favorites debbie is north yorkshire,skipton,guisburn well worth a visit then over to york and the east coast.
victorian67
victorian67
quotePosted at 03:34 on 28th October 2010

I loved every minute I spent in York from the City walls in bloom, the Medieval Town with its incredible variety of exquisite shops, authentic architecture, the breathtaking Minster, the Museum Gardens in bloom, lunch at the Slug & lettuce with view over the river Ouse and last but not least the free National Railway Museum Smile

I just love York !

KarimSmile

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 10:04 on 28th October 2010
every time i go over there i spend half a day in the rail museum,its a good job its free.
Debbie Barnes
Debbie Barnes
quotePosted at 10:19 on 28th October 2010

Hi Karim,

I haven't been to York but sounds nice.It's funny how you go somewhere and 'something' that so many people overlook and walk by just grabs your attention and appreciation.

Some people in Wales commented on the mountains being 'nice' but i couldn't move away from them,the views were like being inside a picture,

Oh to live in a little cottage overlooking Snowdonia National Park...

A girl can dream i suppose..

Scarlet Reynolds
Scarlet Reynolds
quotePosted at 09:55 on 2nd February 2011
On 27th October 2010 19:56, Debbie Barnes wrote:

Hello All,

I have been to quite lucky to have visited quite a few seaside and countryside locations,but of all the places i have visited i have to say that Betws-y-Coed,in North Wales,is absolutely beautiful.The surrounding woodlands,flowing rivers and mountains are just breathtaking and so i wondered what everyone esle's favourite place was?...

Debbie.

Hi Debbie. It is one of my greatest dreams to travel the whole world. And I believe going for an English tour would be a very historical vacation. I have known from a friend of mine that England is one of the most vacation ideals in UK and Europe.

She told me about the magnificent and dramatic castles, quaint villages and thatched cottages, the white cliffs and the Dorset Coasts and many other tourists’ attraction that England has. Someday I want to see the places for myself.

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 11:00 on 2nd February 2011
Hi Scarlet, re you post above, I'm confused, your profile and avatar sugguest you live in the UK yet your post sugguests otherwise?
Jason T
Jason T
quotePosted at 11:48 on 2nd February 2011

Hi Debbie, Betws-y-Coed is LOVELY!!!  the only down side with the place is the crowds it attracts!! victim of its own beauty!! you been up to swallow falls just outside the centre?   I was in Betws-y-Coed only the other week actually, theres a lovely restaraunt near the big car park!  green paintwork...look out for it!  nice food!

As for my most scenic place??   not sure!!  i've got loads!

I love the view as you get to the top of Countisbury hill, north Devon, near Lynmouth.

I think pretty much anywhere in the lake district does it for me!!  anywhere you look!!

also ...dovedale in the peak district, near Ashbourne!! beautiful area, although like Betws-y-Coed, gets packed with people!!

And i better make this last, i could name thousands!1  but the stretch of road between milford and wolsley bridges, near shugborough hall, I suppose its between Rugeley and stafford, its such a lovely strech of road!!  the views are stunning, takes you right across cannock chase, and follows the Shugborough estate, im lucky i get to drive along here quite often at work!!

Jason T
Jason T
quotePosted at 11:49 on 2nd February 2011
Oh i just saw York mentioned!!!  yes!!  York is stunning!!!!Laughing
victorian67
victorian67
quotePosted at 04:40 on 3rd February 2011
I could not agree more with Jason as I have loved York Smile
1 2 3 4 Next >