Ullswater

in the county of Cumbria

Torcross

Torcross

in the county of Devon

Water falls

Sheffield

in the county of South Yorkshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Brits annoyed by Americans interested in geneology?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 00:35 on 7th April 2012
On 6th April 2012 23:56, Antonio11 Antonio11 wrote:
I think I would be inclined to delve deeper into obtaining the correct information to ascertain who your surviving relatives might be.  There are births, marriages and deaths on FreeBMD up to relatively recent date, and  you may well be able to discover more detailed information!

As well as two towns in Kent, David would also find one line of his family here in Burkes Peerage.  David has the correct info on 153 people in his family tree living here and there. 

Edited by: Paul Hilton at:7th April 2012 06:12
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
David Seager
David Seager
quotePosted at 01:24 on 7th April 2012
If only I could find I'm an earl and have a country estate to go home to . . .
Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 06:11 on 7th April 2012
It's your gt grandma who married George Seager of 1820; her family is very interesting where David will find two Barons earlier, and a few Sir's/knights later on on this side of the family, hence it's her side turning up in Burke's Peerage right up to modern times.
Andrew Marks
Andrew Marks
quotePosted at 09:31 on 8th April 2012

Wow, Paul. You're quite the expert. Maybe I should get my wife to ask you about her grandfather who she has failed spectacularly to find!!

It's a shame when people don't respond to mail from our colony across the pond. There must be so many families with relatives they know nothing about and I can understand the desire from the American point of view to establish a line further back than the 17/18'hundreds.

Well, if anyone were to contact me (or my wife) they would get a full and comprehensive correspondance, I can assure you, david.

Happy hunting

Andy

Carolann Shelly
Carolann Shelly
quotePosted at 10:05 on 27th February 2018
On 6th April 2012 23:56, Antonio11 Antonio11 wrote:
I think I would be inclined to delve deeper into obtaining the correct information to ascertain who your surviving relatives might be.  There are births, marriages and deaths on FreeBMD up to relatively recent date, and  you may well be able to discover more detailed information!

hey,I've had many success stories; made new lifetime friends in the US; have standing invitations to visit some any time I wish as they now count me as part of their family; some of whom I've had the pleasure to meet when they came over here to find out more abut their  family background. Other people on Poe asking about their family history have also connected with others due to posting here.

Edited by: Carolann Shelly at:27th February 2018 10:06
 Please login to post to this thread...