Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

The beach at West Bay, Dorset

West Bay

a Seaside Town in the county of Dorset

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Brits annoyed by Americans interested in geneology?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 23:58 on 23rd March 2012

David should now have a good working knowledge of his family from his US side to how they fit in with their many English cousins and his own direct family back to 1603 in Kent which he might like to explore further too.

Perhaps David might also be interested that on his Grandmothers side,his gt grandfather John Hause ( 1719-1776 ) was killed during the Revolutionary War on 26 October, 1776 in battle at White Plains, New York alongside his brother Simon who was also fatally shot. ( British General William Howe had defeated the troops commanded by Gen. George Washington at this point in the War.)  He was the son of John Hause, b.1692 Solm, Germany. 

Edited by: Paul Hilton at:24th March 2012 02:08
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 00:52 on 24th March 2012

Nothing short of brilliant Paul!

Thank you on behalf of us all for what you have done for David. Well done....again!!

David Seager
David Seager
quotePosted at 02:34 on 24th March 2012

Paul: thank you very, very much!  You're amazing.  I don't know how you make it seem so easy . . .    ???

I take it the Hause brothers were fighting on the British side?

Edited by: David Seager at:24th March 2012 02:36
Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 07:54 on 24th March 2012
You're welcome David; John and Simon Hause were with the New York Volunteers, thus killed by Gen Howe's soldiers.
Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 16:55 on 24th March 2012
Hi David, welcome to POE. Love the avatar. Who is that handsome kitty you are holding? Smile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 04:40 on 6th April 2012

Pul, your an wonderful historian and have been very nice about helping me, I have ran into some pretty snippy people over here, I had one lady named "margaret" that kept stringing me along and said she send me data, and never did. I figured she really knew what she was doing, but guess not. Many family historians are like that if they don't know, they make things up to keep eveyoen happy, and anyone is the business knows it wrong.

David, when you find out more about your Seager family over herelet me know, as I had an friend for many years was an "widow" raising her kids, her hubby was nickamed "Pee Wee"...because hewas an short fella and she's pretty tiny also...he was an automobile racer and died from injuries sustained from it at an very young age. Heronly son would grow up in his early 20's to die also from beign hit by an car as his girlfriend and him left an party. His sister is still alive and has several kids, and is by now an grandmother last I heard. I don't know what Debbie's married name is now, as I know she's divorced now twice. I would be surprised if my freind that I knew was still alive these days...she was an cousin to my neighbor growing up as an kid.... town was little then, everyone knew everyone. Mike Seager was her husband's real name, and her son's that was killed.chelsea, was her daughter..and I forget what her grandson's name was..last I heard he was "legally" blind and working up at Mt. Hood in an Ski shop..waxing ski's. My freind had "MS" and the last I saw of her..she was starting shots weekly...that would be some maybe four years ago I think. Last I heard, she sold her house to an huge apartment complex and took the money and bought an small house in west Gresham with her grandson...said it would probably be his if anything happened to her...she said that Debbie was living in Seattle, and chelsea was pregnant. At the time I was dealing iwth my father's funeral. She must of moved an bit afterwards. We werequite close at one time. Use to see each other quite often, but  kids and responsiblites separated us and her health issues I imagine also...not to mention mine also. We were in an laides lucheon group together for well over 20 years..and then  "Bunco"also.  Best of luck in finding your family. I always felt that we knew each other..... because in an past life...she was perhaps an relative then.

David Seager
David Seager
quotePosted at 12:52 on 6th April 2012

Cathy E.  That's my precious Jeremy, my best buddy.  He's also the teaching assistant when I'm doing my online classes.

David Seager
David Seager
quotePosted at 12:55 on 6th April 2012
sk Lawson: thanks to Paul, I have a lot of genealogical information.  But the name and circumstances you mention haven't come up, so I'm afraid I don't know . . .
Antonio11 Antonio11
Antonio11 Antonio11
quotePosted at 23:56 on 6th April 2012
I think I would be inclined to delve deeper into obtaining the correct information to ascertain who your surviving relatives might be.  There are births, marriages and deaths on FreeBMD up to relatively recent date, and  you may well be able to discover more detailed information!

Edited by: Antonio11 Antonio11 at:6th April 2012 23:57
David Seager
David Seager
quotePosted at 00:24 on 7th April 2012
Antonio11: thanks for the suggestion.  It's a very interesting site.