Bolsover

in the county of Derbyshire

Kynance Cove

Kynance Cove

in the county of Cornwall

Maldon, Essex

Maldon

a Seaside Town in the county of Essex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Chimps make TV program!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 09:13 on 26th January 2010

This may be better than some of the rubbish thats already broadcast on the box, lol

The world's first film shot entirely by chimpanzees is to be broadcast by the BBC as part of a natural history documentary.
The apes created the movie using a specially designed chimp-proof camera given to them by primatologists.
The film-making exercise is part of a scientific study into how chimpanzees perceive the world and each other.
It will be screened within the Natural World programme "Chimpcam" shown on BBC Two at 2000GMT on Wednesday 27 January.
Making the movie was the brainchild of primatologist Ms Betsy Herrelko, who is studying for a PhD in primate behaviour at the University of Stirling, UK.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/earth/hi/earth_news/newsid_8472000/8472831.stm

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 10:53 on 26th January 2010
After this exercise maybe the Chimps will be clever enough to run for Parliament Michael. We can but hope, and lets face it they couldn't be a lot worse could they? Anyway, sounds like it might be interesting to watch, thanks.
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 02:59 on 27th January 2010

Wow, that sounds fascinating, Michael.  We had an elephant named Ruby here at the zoo in Phoenix.  She died a few years ago, but she loved to do oil paintings.  Her artwork raised thousand of dollars for the zoo over the years.  There are a lot of elephant artists out there nowadays, but Ruby was the original.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2002/06/0626_020626_elephant_2.html

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 03:02 on 27th January 2010

You sher are a hansum dude, there, Michael.  Smile

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 14:26 on 27th January 2010
Thanks for that Ruth Its a false mustach though, and the pic was taken in 2006 so I've put on a couple of years since then. We had an elephant staying at the bottom of our road for a week last summer with a traveling circus, she couldnt paint but packed massive trunk, lol
 Please login to post to this thread...