Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Royal Albert Bridge, Plymouth

Plymouth

in the county of Devon

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

My Favorite British TV Shows

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Barbara Shoemaker
Barbara Shoemaker
quotePosted at 15:53 on 4th August 2009
I have to be in the right frame of mind to watch Gordon Ramsay because of his mouth, but he knows his stuff all right.  I saw a picture of his with his wife and children attending the premiere of the latest "Harry Potter" movie, and what a nice looking family they are.  I wonder if he swears like that around his children at home?
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Jason T
Jason T
quotePosted at 15:58 on 4th August 2009
I doubt it. He's a good cook, and can see how to get things working, but its all a bit of a gimmick isn't it really, he wouldn't be half as famous if he didn't shout and swear, and he knows this surely. I'm sure its all done for the camera!
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 16:16 on 4th August 2009
I think you're probably right, Jason. It's all a gimmick.
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 17:33 on 4th August 2009

Gordon's a great Dad - know he wouldn't. My husband swears like a trouper at work as he is a factory worker but I never hear him swear at home.

Another British show I love is Life on Mars - oh and Ashes to Ashes the spin off series. I also adore Auf Wiedersehen Pet - just watched all the re-runs.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:03 on 4th August 2009
Swearing, surely not necessary on television is it? GR....he's a pillock! Ooooops, hope that's not swearing!
norajean
norajean
quotePosted at 04:33 on 6th August 2009

Well, Ron, I just Googled pillock to see what it means...I think you may have been close, it's either an idiot or a penis...how did you mean it?

I think Gordon does part of the swearing for effect, part of it's habit, part of it's probably arrogance.  He's like a surgeon, they want all perfection, and expect everyone else to fall into place and do what they're supposed to, they have no patience for anything less, including from themselves.  And, from what I've seen, he's a great Dad, I did see the pictures of him with his kids at the "Harry Potter" premier (what I would have given to go to that!  My kids and I Harry Potter obsessed!!)

I do like the way he  sort of "teaches" how to cook things, very simple and easy to follow (for people like me!)

David Donnelly
David Donnelly
quotePosted at 20:58 on 13th August 2009

" it's either an idiot or a penis...how did you mean it?"

Can't say I've ever heard it used to mean "penis", that's a new one on me BUT it is used a lot to mean idiot, mainly by "yours truly" !!Laughing
Zebby42
Zebby42
quotePosted at 20:24 on 7th November 2009

I have recently enjoyed these shows after someone "special" to me, who happens to live in England, showed them to me. I had not heard of most of them before he told me. And not really in this order^.^

1.That Mitchell and Webb Look (Sketch comedy) 

2. The Fast Show, (Sketch Comedy)

3. Father Ted,

4. The IT Crowd,

5. Little  Briton

6. The Mighty Boosh (wierd comedy)

Older:

Are You Being Served? and Fawlty Towers:)

SarahPremier Member - Click for more info
Sarah
quotePosted at 21:28 on 7th November 2009
On 4th August 2009 17:33, Stephanie Jackson wrote:

Another British show I love is Life on Mars - oh and Ashes to Ashes the spin off series.

Sadly we didn't watch all of the Life on Mars series, but we really enjoyed the Ashes to Ashes series.. and cant wait for the next! Laughing
Toby Craig
Toby Craig
quotePosted at 03:28 on 8th November 2009

My favourite show has to be "Last Of The Summer Wine".  It is pure, gentle entertainment.