Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Canal boats at Dobbs wier, Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire

Hoddesdon

in the county of Hertfordshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

My Favorite British TV Shows

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 Next >

norajean
norajean
quotePosted at 01:30 on 3rd August 2009

We've recently started watching "The F-Word" on BBC America, and I'm really enjoying it.  In fact, we're trying one of Gordon's recipes today, it's stuffed chicken legs.  I'll have to let you know later how it turns out, they're not quite finished.  I'd alway thought Gordon was rude and irritating from commercials, but for some reason, I watched him a couple of times, and I really like this show, and I think he's really quite funny!  Of course, I'm not the one in his kitchen being yelled at!

Probably our favorite show, though, is "Top Gear", those guys are crazy!!  I feel bad for poor James, they're always mean to him!  I love cars, and I love the humor, so it's a perfect combination.

My son likes Dr. Who, but I don't care for it too much.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 01:39 on 3rd August 2009

I don't get BBC America *snaps fingers*  But I do watch:

Keeping Up Apperances, As Time Goes By, Fortysomething, My Family, One Foot In The Grave, Are You Being Served, Waiting For God, MI5, and so many others....

Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 08:13 on 3rd August 2009

Welcome Norajean! Being in a house with 4 males Top Gear is a "must see" show here as well as Dr Who! I love Gordon Ramsay - don't think he needs to swear so much but it never sounds so bad from him as it does from Jamie Oliver. Think Gordon is a great family man and I agree with the choices of the people he swears at!!!

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 15:18 on 3rd August 2009

I've never heard of "Top Gear". I am always on the look out for a new British show, so I'll have to check out the local BBC America guide and see when it's on.

Nora, a few of my favorites are: All Creatures Great and Small, Fawlty Towers, Waiting for God, Fortysomething (love Hugh Laurie!), Vicar of Dibley, Wire in the Blood, Inspector Lynley, Midsomer Murders, and many more!

Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 15:31 on 3rd August 2009
Top Gear is pretty cool!! I'm not a gearhead but it's fun to watch!
norajean
norajean
quotePosted at 22:44 on 3rd August 2009

I've always loved All Creatures Great And Small, both the books and Tv shows, but it's not on anywhere here, and haven't seen an episode of Fawlty Towers in quite awhile, but I love it.  Got my son hooked on Monty Pyton, which I watched with my Dad when I was growing up, too.  And, I have some videos of Some Mother's Do 'Ave 'Em, because I'm a big Michael Crawford fan, and those shows crack me up!!  I don't have all of them, maybe one day.  I do love Vicar of Dibley, too.  I mostly like comedies, haven't gotten too much into some of the newer shows on BBc America right now.

I've not really watched Jamie Oliver, he's kinda cute, tho!

Barbara Shoemaker
Barbara Shoemaker
quotePosted at 14:32 on 4th August 2009
As Time Goes By, Keeping Up Appearances, Last of the Summer Wine, Are You Being Served?, To the Manor Born, Mulberry, Midsomer Murders, All Creatures Great and Small, Inspector Morse, Miss Marple and Poirot (usually on PBS Mystery! or Masterpiece), Monarch of the Glen.  Most of these appear from time to time on the local PBS stations or A&E.  Not too much on BBC America anymore, but hoping Robin Hood will be on again in the fall.  Top Gear is a fun show.  My favorite episode was when they were playing football (soccer) with a giant inflated ball and driving some very small cars.  It was hilarious.
Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 14:41 on 4th August 2009
Barbara...I really love Mulberry!! and Sunday 9pm is the best..Masterpiece or Mystery!!
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 14:42 on 4th August 2009
sometimes, you can watch some of these older shows on you tube, such as Dads Army etc
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 14:45 on 4th August 2009
norajean, Ramsey has a foul mouth at times but he wouldnt be himself otherwise. I dont like his swearing but I find him a very up-front guy, calls a spade a spade, tells it as it is. he's a cuddly pussy-cat realy.
1 2 3 4 5 Next >