Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

New view of the Castle

Holy Island

in the county of Northumberland

Water Shortage???

Preston

in the county of Lancashire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Any Whovians or Torchwood fans out there?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Janice Trojanowski
Janice Trojanowski
quotePosted at 18:34 on 3rd August 2008

I have become a crzy Dr. Who and Torchwood fan after discovering both shows about a year ago. We just had the series 4 finale of Dr. Who and I am so sad it will be such a long wait till more episodes return. I would love to talk to fans of either show as I don;t have anyone in my house to watch it with!

Hopefully Torchwood will return in the autumn or winter. It's been a whilesince series 2 ended; and I am due for a Captain Jak fix!!

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 18:39 on 3rd August 2008
I love Torchwood but I don't watch Dr Who mainly because it's on when the children are up and they get scared! I didn't enjoy the last series as much as the first though. Wish I'd seen the Dr Who episodes with Captain Jack in - it might help some of the confusion!!!
poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 20:34 on 3rd August 2008

Well I'd really like to say that Sarah and I are both far too grown up to watch such nonsense as a man running around in a long coat shooting man-eating wheelie bins with a sonic screwdriver, but the fact is, our kids really enjoy it and so do we! Surprised

Janice Trojanowski
Janice Trojanowski
quotePosted at 20:36 on 3rd August 2008

Stephanie~

I've watched both so if there is any question I might be able to clear up, ask away!

I agree with you about Dr. Who being too scarey for kids....although they say it's meant for kids??? Surely not the little ones.

BTW~Were you upset about Owen and Tosh?  I still can't believe it.
L
L
quotePosted at 20:40 on 3rd August 2008
I don't watch much tv, I used to watch Dr Who when my kids were young but i've never seen Torchwood, I think John Barrowman being in it has put me off.
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 20:45 on 3rd August 2008

I liked Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker, even though it used to give me nightmares (really bad ones) as a kid. I still can't bare to hear the voice of a Dalek.

I've never heard f Touchwood though.

Occasionally my oldest lad comes across the new Dr. Who on BBC America, but it's never caught my interest.

Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 20:53 on 3rd August 2008

I think that's why I didn't enjoy the last series so much. I didn't want them to die!! Still maybe there will be a way of bringing them back! Owen was the best character. I also felt sad when they showed the bit where Captain Jack let go of his brother's hand - having 3 sons myself that was so upsetting!

I would've liked to see the episode when Captain Jack was first in Dr Who. I'm going to have to get the DVD!

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 21:01 on 3rd August 2008
On 3rd August 2008 20:45, Sue H wrote:

I liked Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker, even though it used to give me nightmares (really bad ones) as a kid. I still can't bare to hear the voice of a Dalek.

I've never heard f Touchwood though.

Occasionally my oldest lad comes across the new Dr. Who on BBC America, but it's never caught my interest.

Hi Sue:  Those are my exact observations about Dr. Who.  The John Pertwee and Tom Baker ones are the classics, with Sarah Jane Smith and Leela.  Lyn, those are probably the ones you watched too.  And I believe the next Dr. after Tom Baker was the actor who played Tristan in All Creatures Great and Small but his name escapes me at the moment.

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 22:59 on 3rd August 2008

Peter Davison.

I was out of the country when he played Dr. Who, so I never saw him, and I don't know any of the others since.

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 23:59 on 3rd August 2008
I have watched Torchwood and enjoyed it. And it is made in Cardiff south Wales, not far from where I was born.