Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Town Hall in Colchester, Essex

Colchester

a Historic City in the county of Essex

Lighthouse, West Quay, Newhaven

Newhaven

in the county of East Sussex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Coronation Street!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
< Prev 1 2 3 4

Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
quotePosted at 18:09 on 27th February 2009
Still wishing i could share with you lot ,reguarding the shows....Yell
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 16:20 on 30th September 2009

I used to watch Corrie until I went to the Granada Studios. The group I was with were ushered into a room and had to sit on a boat whicch rocked and swayed, I had a movie camera and was filming them, then when I turned round to look at the screen that boat looked as if it was on the sea, what a farce, that was just one thing which I found out about how the show was made.

Also when you get programmes such as 'It will be all right on the night' you see the actors/ actresses having a good laugh with a few expletives when they get it wrong,---- need I go on, therefor it is a definate 'no watch' for me.

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 21:00 on 30th September 2009

Almost all popular programmes are filmed on purposly built sets, Peggy. Emerdale, Corri, Neighbours, east enders etc etc.

Corri was originaly in an old yard by the studio before they demolished it and built the present set using reclaimed bricks, Note the black coloured motar between the brick to make it look old. You will note that one the first Corri programmes the cobbles run diagnoly.

Emerdale, (used to be Emmerdale Farm) the present set was totaly built from scratch.

Last of the Summer Wine is of course a real area but internal scenes are recorded in the studio.

Toby Craig
Toby Craig
quotePosted at 22:00 on 30th September 2009

I like CorrieEmbarassed

Okay, okay, I know it's pap but I do find it pure escapism. I enjoy it's humorous side too which makes for easy-viewing.  

As for EastEnders, I simply loathe it!  I can't stand the way that the producers play God and try to portray every personal issue or situation they can come up with, together with their idealistic text book solutions.

Never have so many suffered so much in one lifetime. In reality, many of the locals would be quivering wrecks if indeed they had not commited suicide first! 

Everyone is hyper or manic with an overwhelming urge to put down, harm, blackmail, destroy or simply kill their nearest neighbour!  In short, this program is depressing and totally unrealistic. In fact, since I stopped watching it my whole life has changed... I am a happy person again!  I seriously believe that much of Britain would benefit by simply turning this drivel off! Yell 

Wanda Marshall
Wanda Marshall
quotePosted at 10:56 on 1st October 2009
  I do get tired of Corrie now and then, but all in all I do enjoy it.  When you are faced every evening with, "Canadian Idol, American Idol, Survivor and other reality cheesy productions then Corrie is a real treat.  The only show I see in our fall line up that promise to provide a laugh is "Ron James".
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:27 on 8th October 2009

Jug say's of Eastenders>>>I seriously believe that much of Britain would benefit by simply turning this drivel off!

I totally agree with that. As for Corrie.......Wow Meg, whats going on  now?

Kahu
Kahu
quotePosted at 07:34 on 1st November 2009
I used to love watching the early Coronation Street episodes with Ena, Minnie and Martha .... always used to remind me of my great aunt right down to the hair net!
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 07:47 on 1st November 2009

Hello Kahu! I used to like watching it too - my Mom always watched every episode - I gave up watching it when I was expecting my middle son about 10 years ago - they had a newborn baby dying & I couldn't watch it. Then my Mom gave up watching it about 2 years ago.

Please login to post to this thread...
< Prev 1 2 3 4