Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Harbour 2004

Lyme Regis

a Seaside Town in the county of Dorset

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Midsomer Murders

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 22:38 on 5th August 2008
On 5th August 2008 11:14, MariaGrazia wrote:
So which is the season aired last in the UK, Paul?

Currently Maria, Series 11 is/was being shown. The Magician's Nephew being the last of the current ones until later this year when, further Series 11 episodes will be shown here. Oddly, the UK isn't always the first to see new episodes, as some European countries get to see them first on occasion. My photo above was taken during the filming of Midsomer Life, another Series 11 episode.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 02:56 on 6th August 2008

Nice avatar Paul.  Smile

Hi Barbara:  I can't remember if I ever welcomed you or not, but here goes anyway.  Yes, this is a great website.  If you love England and have to only view it from afar, this is the place to do so.  And wonderful people here too.  Enjoy.

MariaGrazia
MariaGrazia
quotePosted at 10:32 on 6th August 2008

Right, same as here then, Paul.  Great picture of John Nettles, btw.

This site collects shots from all the MM filming locations, you might be interested in posting yours too ;-)...

Yes Jo, Bergerac is good too. I recently found that out from dvds and I've enjoyed it. Beautiful sceneries and a rather different character to DCI Barnaby ;-). 

Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 10:55 on 6th August 2008
Thanks Maria; the link you provided goes to a site run by a dear friend of mine, and indeed dotted about it you will find the odd photo of mine as well as the page she has on the cars of Midsomer I did for her. Like Chris and Sarah, she also puts an extraordinary amount of effort into her site and I hope Midsomer fans find it useful. When I took that picture at Flaunden, Herts. she was stood next to me as we spent the day there, and at Thame the next few days, watching the filming. About 12 villages in my pictures selections are of Midsomer scenes, one of which is in the slide show I was suprised to see come up.
MariaGrazia
MariaGrazia
quotePosted at 11:39 on 6th August 2008

Blimey , the internet seems to have become such a small world LOL !  

Will take my time to go through those 12 better then. And yes, I've known your friend's site for a while and you can definitely tell about how much effort she puts into it. It is always updated about any detail !

Did you attend the Convention too? ;) 

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 12:37 on 6th August 2008
On 5th August 2008 07:01, Lyn Greenaway wrote:
I'm surprised there's  anyone left to murder in Midsomer, I don't watch it myself.

Me too Lyn but they always seem to find a new body. LOL!

I like your new avatar Ruth!

Barbara Shoemaker
Barbara Shoemaker
quotePosted at 16:37 on 6th August 2008
Thanks for the warm welcome, Ruth!  This is indeed a wonderful site.  So many pictures, so little time!  You do live in a beautiful part of the country.  In fact, I lived for a number of years "next door" in New Mexico.  I love the Southwest USA, great climate.  But in my book nothing compares to a day in Merry Olde England!
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 03:52 on 7th August 2008

You're most welcome, Barbara and I must agree about Merry Olde.  It's fabulous!  I love DC by the way.  Spent many an hour there walking the mall and visiting all the Smithsonians.

I particularly like this picture of yours, Barbara:

Cottage door, flowers

Barbara Shoemaker
Barbara Shoemaker
quotePosted at 15:34 on 7th August 2008
Thanks so much, Ruth! It's so lovely walking between villages in the Cotswolds.
L
L
quotePosted at 21:36 on 7th August 2008
Why does no one like to visit Herts.Beds or Bucks lol there's more to England than the usual tourist haunts.