Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

VIEW ACROSS THE PARK AREA TO THE AMUSEMENTS

Leysdown-on-Sea

in the county of Kent

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

What's your weather like today?....6

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 21:33 on 2nd January 2014
Some serious weather forecast for the south west over the next few days. Hope everybody takes notice of the warnings and stays away from the waters edge.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 21:48 on 2nd January 2014
They won't Ron, there's always the idiots that think it can't happen to them. Zero in the common sense department.
Dave John
Dave John
Posted at 21:51 on 2nd January 2014
The vast majority of people have no idea, let alone respect, for the power of the sea. Even just knee deep in the shallows, one strong wave and you are in serious trouble.
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
Posted at 22:11 on 2nd January 2014

Lull before the storm I think.  

Yesterdays rain has got through and 4 flood warnings in Surrey, one for Leatherhead and Fetcham.  In Leatherhead Waterways road and Thornycroft both been closed off for flooding just like Christmas Eve. It sounds like there is more in the pipeline. Seen Cornwall news this evening and they are expecting a real heavy hand to fall- coastal areas at risk due to weather and high winds and extra high tides . Isles of Scilly are particularly at risk. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 09:36 on 4th January 2014

Despite the warnings to stay away from sea walls, the National Press pictures a man with two small children doing exactly the opposite. They title it 'Mad Dad'.

In fact, it's reported that they were lucky to survive as a storm surge hit them. What is the matter with people and just how much telling do they need?

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 09:41 on 4th January 2014

The Severn Bore and high tide is going to hit Minsterworth and Gloucestershire area shortly.

Onlookers are being told to see the 'Bore' and then get out of the way, because a huge amount of water will raise levels significantly.

You have been warned!

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 12:05 on 4th January 2014
It's quite calm here at the moment, very overcast but the wind and rain have stopped for now. The calm before the next storm I suspect, plus we've been told there might be snow on higher ground, well that's us.
Dave John
Dave John
Posted at 18:27 on 4th January 2014

Wet and miserable all day here

Mad Dad should be arrested for endangering life............

As I have posted before, the vast majority of people have no idea whatsoever of the sheer power of the sea. The sea demands tremendous respect from us.....

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 18:32 on 4th January 2014
Couldn't agree more Dave, most people are oblivious to the power of the sea. There's an 18 year old student gone missing,  in Plymouth I believe, out on a coast path taking photos.
Dave John
Dave John
Posted at 18:42 on 4th January 2014

They probably all think 'It will never happen to me'