Leominster

in the county of Herefordshire

Epping, Essex

Epping

in the county of Essex

St Andrews Church

Slaidburn

in the county of Lancashire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

What's your weather like today?....5

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 16:41 on 15th October 2011
Good luck with the move CathyML hope it all goes well for you.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
Posted at 19:58 on 15th October 2011

Yes, Cathy, Good Luck.  Hope it cools down.  We have the same problem here, it's supposed to be fall, for cryin' out loud.  They're calling for 100° F here today.

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 20:01 on 15th October 2011
its not been a bad day up here to-day plenty of sunshine.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 21:40 on 16th October 2011
Sunshine throughout the day, getting chilly at night now though. Needless to say it gets dark early which doesn't help anybody, does it?
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 21:45 on 16th October 2011
not been out -even the front doors are still locked from last night --its been sunny,windy,and the odd shower to-day.Smile
Dave John
Dave John
Posted at 21:54 on 16th October 2011
Been reasonable today, was gonna got to the North Yorkshire Moors Railway as they had a 40's weekend which is always good fun, but got watching the rugby and the 'er indoors found other thing to do. So she is to blame for you all not getting any pictures of the day.....
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
Posted at 02:47 on 17th October 2011

I'm sure it was a good cause, Dave.  ;-)

It's unseasonably warm, but I shouldn't complain I guess.  I was actually able to go in the pool today, trying to beat last year's record.  The last day it was tolerable in 2010 was Oct. 18.  If I can get in next weekend, I'll have it beat.  It was actually just very cool and refreshing, not bone chilling.  It's kind of weird to be scooping autumn leaves out of the bottom of the pool while your in it.  lol

Our overnight lows have been in the mid to high 60s F, and that will typically cool the water off considerably, but 100° during the day will warm it up a bit.  It was about 99° F today, and not a cloud to be seen.  They're calling for more of the same the rest of the week.  Our low humidity and no clouds means a difference of about 30 degrees between the overnight lows and the top daytime temps.

Brenda Harvey
Brenda Harvey
Posted at 03:27 on 17th October 2011
Your weather amazes me, Ruth, every time you post about it. Can't imagine being in the pool in October with Autumn leaves! We're in another round of days with off and on showers. Actually, the other day it was more like a monsoon when I left the grocery store. It was so blinding I couldn't find my car. Was really soaked by the time I saw it. Still in the 60's during the day, though, which is about average and comfortable. Starting to get those 30 degree nights, though.
Linda-mary Sigley
Linda-mary Sigley
Posted at 07:14 on 18th October 2011

Brenda, one of my relatives in Sweden (Mom's side) told me that weather like that gives you a topic and a memory.  She wrote that after we moved to Arkansas 30 yrs. ago and it was so unseasonably cold the pipes were frozen for 3 weeks.  Landlord didn't do anything but helped us to get drinking/cooking water.  Sorta makes life interesting.  Weather here is kind of monotonous.

The weather here in southwest Riverside County was in the mid-80's after a week in the 90's and 100's.  Rare for  a heat wave in October.  Should settle into the 70's soon and drop to mid to low 60's at night.

We did have a weather tragedy here in late May 2008.  It was a day of thunder, lightning and spits of rain.  About 10 miles north of here at March AFB a tornado came out of the sky and killed a lady walking down there.  We all were shocked and saddened.

Shaun Wilson
Shaun Wilson
Posted at 12:15 on 18th October 2011
rain rain windy and gess what more rain Frown