Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

What's your weather like today?....4

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 17:47 on 30th October 2010
Blue sky, light wind and temperature about 16c - wonderful!
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
victorian67
victorian67
Posted at 13:57 on 31st October 2010

It is a bit overcast today but we have had such a nice spell of clear blue skies and sun for nearly 10 days !

I must say that my Friends overseas to whom I sent the pictures from my "Postcards from England" throughout the year just could not believe how many times the sun was shining then.

Even for my visit to the Westonbirt Arboretum, the sun was so strong that I had to constantly try and avoid direct sunshine when taking a picture. On Sunday 17th October !

KarimSmile

cathyml
cathyml
Posted at 19:12 on 31st October 2010
We have been experiencing a humdinger of a thunderstorm which has lasted for several hours.  But it also brought us some good rains, thank goodness!
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
Posted at 05:18 on 1st November 2010

Glad to hear it, Cathy.  People who live where it regularly rains can't appreciate how wonderful rain is when you live in a dry climate.

It's been perfectomundo here the last week.  Crystal blue sky, daytime temps in the low 80s and overnight lows around 60.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 10:13 on 1st November 2010

We also have 'perfectamundo' today. Equal crystal blue sky with temperature around 18c but as with Ruth it gets cold at night. No, no, not Ruth gets cold at night.....oh please yourself! Lol

Which is correct Ruth? Perfectomundo or Perfectamundo guess it doesn't matter much as it's slang, but interesting what you learn on POE eh?

Oh, to keep this thread on track rain is forecast for tomorrow!

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
Posted at 02:43 on 3rd November 2010
On 1st November 2010 10:13, Ron Brind wrote:

We also have 'perfectamundo' today. Equal crystal blue sky with temperature around 18c but as with Ruth it gets cold at night. No, no, not Ruth gets cold at night.....oh please yourself! Lol

Which is correct Ruth? Perfectomundo or Perfectamundo guess it doesn't matter much as it's slang, but interesting what you learn on POE eh?

Oh, to keep this thread on track rain is forecast for tomorrow!

Not sure, Ron, but I'll hazard a guess.  Perfectamundo is the British English spelling, whilst Smile perfectomundo is the American English spelling.  So, since British is the original English, I stand corrected (and for all our other misspellings too, lol).

Our weather's unseasonably warm, it was 88° F today, calling for 90 tomorrow.

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
Posted at 02:54 on 3rd November 2010
On 9th October 2010 20:41, Ruth Gregory wrote:

Today as I type this (12:35 PM Saturday) it's really lovely outside about 85° with low humidity and not a cloud in the sky.  But our storm on Tuesday last was a doozey.  We did not get a tornado, as they did just west of Flagstaff, but that tornado completely destroyed 15 homes and snapped 60 ft. ponderosa pines across a 100-yard swath like they were matchsticks.  Flagstaff's about 125 miles from here.

Our problem here was hail.  It pounded down in almost every part of the Phoenix metro area.  Mind you, that's an area about 50 miles long and 50 miles wide.  Every car parked in the parking lot at my friend's office was totaled.  It looked like sombody took a hammer to them.   I had about 2" of rain at my house, and considering our annual rainfall is about 7", that's a lot at one time.

No significant damage at my house though, thank God.  I spent the morning outside cleaning up broken limbs, leaves and the "just add water" weeds that always poke out of the desert landscaping in the front yard, but that was it.  It was really scary driving home from work during the storm.  It was raining so hard you couldn't see a thing.

Yesterday, when I should have been cleaning up, I was laying in my pool.  The water is just borderline still warm enough to get into.  I"m going to try it again this afternoon.  It would have been warmer, but the cover blew off in the storm and hail has a way of cooling down water.

Check this out.  It's a video of the storm I mentioned in the above posting.  The location is about 5 miles or so from my house as the crow flies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx4TUg3TD-s

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 19:52 on 6th November 2010
Wow, thats some storm Ruth. Can't say that I have ever seen anything quite like that!
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 21:12 on 7th November 2010
Typically Autumn with temperature about 12/13c and cold wind. Light rain and frosts around the corner!
Cathy E.
Cathy E.
Posted at 00:37 on 8th November 2010
Was a pretty day here today but cold in the 40's. Nice day to take a long walk.