Ayr

in the county of South Ayrshire

Berkeley Castle, Gloucestershire

Berkeley

in the county of Gloucestershire

View over the River Dart

Galmpton

in the county of Devon

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Spring is on its way

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 15:44 on 8th March 2010
So bizarre!!! How cold does it get in winter Cathy?
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 16:57 on 8th March 2010

Not cold by your standards, some frosty mornings, so I suppose in the middle of the night it goes just below freezing, then in the middle of the day it can be 64 deg F (20 deg C), so the contrasts are the most difficult to cope with. 

Snow is very, very rare where we live although they do get some on the mountains, and very little rain during the Winter, so at least it is not cold and wet, lol

Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 17:25 on 8th March 2010
Gee, I would never know what to wear!!! LOL!!
Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 21:12 on 8th March 2010
On 8th March 2010 15:37, Jason T wrote:

Sue its great here at the moment!  you can smell that fresh, spring air, it has a calm happy feeling to it, birds singing, just the sound of everything waking up!!

Hey Krissy that bikes cool!!  can i have a go?

It sure makes me happy!!
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 06:09 on 9th March 2010
I agree too Jason - it has been lovely here. We went to Bewdley on Sunday and the crocuses where out in profusion like a blanket on the grass (to answer your question on your kind comment Cathy yes they are out and I took that photo on Sunday). I feel new hope this spring!
Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 19:41 on 12th March 2010
Spring sure is coming....it's been raining since last night and will continue till Monday!!!!  We are expecting 5 inches of rain!!! Surprised Better batten down the hatches!
Barbara Shoemaker
Barbara Shoemaker
quotePosted at 15:50 on 16th March 2010
I'm so excited about Spring coming!  No more snow, please!  I was in San Diego, California last week, and it was a bit sunnier and warmer than here in Virginia.  It had rained there a lot the previous week, and the desert had come alive, green everywhere and wild flowers bursting with color.  The first time I saw San Diego 2 years ago, it was brown desert.  Amazing what a bit of rain can do.  Sue, I may have flown over your house.  I saw a lot of snow-capped mountains during the flight too.  When I returned home on Saturday, I noticed more birds singing and my trees were budding, which is always a good sign!
 Please login to post to this thread...