Interesting and historical facts about Warwick.
- Warwick Castle was named one of Britain's Top 10 historic houses and monuments in 2001 by the British Tourist Authority.
- Warwick Castle is one of the most visited stately homes in the whole of the UK.
- The conspirators of the famous England Gunpowder Plot stole horses from the stables of Warwick Castle as they fled.
- Over its colourful and often bloody history, owners of Warwick Castle have included eleven people under the age of 20, which includes a girl aged just two, and a boy aged three.
Three of the castles owners died in battle, two were executed, and one was murdered!
- The trebuchet - the world's most powerful catapult - is based at Warwick Castle, England. It weighs 22 tonnes and is nearly 60 feet tall.
- Warwick Castle is the most complete Medieval castle in England.
Please login to add a fact about Warwick or register here.