Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Hampton Court Way Bridge (Hampton Court Palace is just across the river to the right)

East Molesey

in the county of Surrey

The harbour at Falmouth, Cornwall

Falmouth

a Seaside Town in the county of Cornwall

Mudeford

Mudeford

a Seaside Town in the county of Dorset

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Please help SAVE the North Arms pub in Wroxton!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Colleen Warne
Colleen Warne
quotePosted at 14:54 on 29th July 2013
No Ron I dont live near there but was googling and found a blog on it  called Literary Explorer by Walter Cummins, but wonder if I misundertood that it closed as it was written in February although he made it sound like it had closed permanently maybe you can google it and see what you think
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Julian Woodward
Julian Woodward
quotePosted at 16:55 on 29th July 2013
I *do* live close by, although not in Wroxton itself. Yes, the pub is currently closed, but nothing has happened to it yet since closure, not even a planning application for change of use (although the new owner has made it clear that this is his intention). As the Wroxton website editor said a few posts ago, it may well be that he's calculating that opposition will dissipate over time, so is waiting a while before making the application. 
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 18:22 on 29th July 2013
It would be interesting to know why this "pub" is closing and how many locals patronise the place--once the brewery/owners have mace their minds up to sell nothing can stop it from closing--they have brought it all their self with high rents,and most of all scruffy and incompetant staff.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:44 on 29th July 2013
Meaning lots of pubs and generally speaking James not a reference to the Wroxton pub I am sure.
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 18:53 on 29th July 2013
I couldnt agree with you more Ron-not a reference to the said pub --but to most pubs in general--not only pubs but a lot of clubs as well.
Colleen Warne
Colleen Warne
quotePosted at 19:25 on 29th July 2013
From the blog it seems it has gone through several ownerships also read reveiws and they are mixed about the food and slow service
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 20:11 on 29th July 2013
Well spotted Colleen, but lets still hope they save their pub and manage to get somebody in who really cares about the service they offer
Colleen Warne
Colleen Warne
quotePosted at 21:24 on 29th July 2013
Yes its a shame these old pubs close they have such history apparently a lot of writers would go to Wroxton it is a beautiful location.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 14:16 on 17th August 2013

Nearly 50,000 views!

Surely something must be happening if the interest being shown here on POE is anything to go by?

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 19:14 on 17th August 2013
Pity you and James don't live in Wroxton, Ron.  Then maybe it would have stayed open.  lol  Just kidding of course.  :-)