Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of Todmorden

Todmorden

in the county of West Yorkshire

Largs Town, North Ayrshire, Scotland.

Largs

in the county of North Ayrshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Dales village life has seen real changes in 10 years - The Yorkshire Post (Article share)

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 22:30 on 23rd June 2017

It's quite sad to read stories like this one, of how village life is changing across England. The article is on the Yorkshire Post, but I'm sharing the link to it here. One or two of you might find it interesting. I came across it whilst researching info after Andreas uploaded his stunning photo of Langcliffe, North Yorkshire.

Here is the article

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Andreas LindbergPremier Member - Click for more info
Andreas Lindberg
quotePosted at 10:04 on 25th June 2017
Thank you for the nice comment on my image!

I agree that it is sad to see this development. It is the same, perhaps even more so here in Sweden. People are moving to towns and cities where there are jobs and entertainment. This is aided by politics, probably in order to get rid of very expensive infrastructure for very few people.
Meanwhile, house prices and rents are rising ridiculously. It is getting more and more difficult for younger people to become home owners without having to take hideous loans which, itself, is often impossible. I would also say that there will be greater effects on society in the long run; many city dwellers are, let's say, distinctly different from villagers.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
 Please login to post to this thread...