Pictures of Hailes Abbey
Submitted by Roger Nichol(8th April 2012)
Hailes Abbey was founded in 1245 or 1246 by Richard Earl of Cornwall. All that remains now are a few low arches in a meadow with outlines in the grass. Surviving remains include Hailes Church with unrestored medieval wall-paintings. The Abbey is owned by the National Trust and managed by English Heritage wall paintings. The Abbey is owned by the National Trust and managed by English Heritage
Add a comment...
Please login to make a comment on this picture